Robot mobile devices need an Android maps so as to navigate with the help of GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM. Maps are downloaded and stored from a GPS device. These maps can be viewed online or offline depending on the available choice of a GPS app. Backcountry Navigator Android GPS app is able of these.
Topographic mapping is created by US Geological Survey in the nation. Every inch of the US is included in 54, 000 map sheets or quadrangles. The chief scale they use for topo mapping is certainly 1: 24, 000 which means the particular one inch on the map equals 26, 000 inches on the ground or simply 2, 000 feet. These map sheets demonstrates one place of that is 7. 5 seconds of longitude wide by 7. 5 minutes of latitude high and measures about 29 inches high and 22 long wide.
A topographic map shows the shapes and terrain within the land and uses signs to symbolize the topography within the area.
A handy alternative for a map sheet is definitely Android gps map. It function like map sheets within a Android GPS device. With the use for Backcountry Navigator GPS app, it can also be applied for planning, preparation and navigation.
There are seven colors on a topo map representing whatever terrain features. An exception is the Northern instances Canada, which are mapped in grayscale (or black and white).
• Black defines features which include buildings, train lines, power transmission posts, toponymy, exact elevations, border and border information.
• Red represents concrete driveways, highway numbers, crossing points and serious transportation routes. A red hue signifies a continuing urban development.
• Orange means undeveloped driveways, unidentified roads and streets.
• Red indicates outlines of elevations, eskers together with contour lines.
• Blue represents standard water features, names of bodies of standard water and watercourses. Universal Transverse Mercator matrix is shown in blue.
• Green designs in topo maps means wooded zones and plantations.
• Grey is put to use in uncategorized signs, glossary of terms and abbreviations found at the rear of the map.
• Purple indicates updates included to the original map detail.
One extremely important information to look for at a topographic map is the latest date of revision printed over the left side of the scale. Even though mountains take centuries to change, small-scale features change instantly. A watercourse may change because for flooding and landslides and alter any topography considerably. Some trails may have already been added or some may have end up unusable. These small changes are still important to ensure accuracy and safety.
Aerial Picture taking
Since aviation began more than a hundred years ago, aerial photographs served as dealing with of information about the Earth’s outside. The success of cartography came with precise aerial photos.
An aerial photograph offers a specific view of the ground the fact that no other map can. During emergencies when information should not be accessed through maps, aerial photography is a good alternative. An aerial image gives a irreversible and exact record of a monitored area every single day.
Aerial photographs cannot be compared towards a topographic map as both have numerous characteristics. Ground features in aerial photos happen to be hard to interpret without symbols and also scales are only approximate. The lack of contrasting colors together with hue makes it difficult to use at night. However, nothing can surpass the primary advantages of an aerial map in times of disasters where information is primary for safety and prevention.
Android maps, aerial photograph and Backcountry Navigator in your own Android GPS device can give you the specifics of your exact location and Earth’s physical status anytime.